UPVC Door Company 10 Year Guarantee – Conditions of Warranty
Section 1. Definitions.
- “Company” shall mean The UPVC Door Company whose office is situated
at Unit 1 & 2, Etna Industrial Estate, Craigneuk, Motherwell,
- “Goods” shall mean all or any of the goods or materials which from time to time the Company contracts to supply.
- “Services” shall mean all or any of the services which from time to time the Company contracts to supply.
- “Purchaser” means the person, firm, company or other corporation who places an order with the Company or otherwise contracts with the Company for any Goods or Services.
Section 2. Application.
- These conditions shall apply to all contracts, whether written, oral or implied for the supply of Goods or Services.
- Any conditions of purchase or other terms provided by the Purchaser shall be of no effect whatsoever nor shall any variation or alteration of these conditions be of any effect unless made in writing and signed by or on behalf of the Company.
- All guarantees/warranties contained in this document shall be for a maximum period of ten years from date of purchase and are only valid once payment has been received by the Company in full.
- The Upvc on the inner and outer frames is guaranteed from discolouration, but not from fading, for a period of ten years.
- Door Panels are guaranteed by the manufacturer under the conditions stipulated in the attached document.
- Anodised door furniture (excluding door knockers & numbers and/or number plates) is guaranteed by the manufacturer for a period of ten years against discolouration or tarnishing, providing it is maintained as directed.
- Door locking mechanisms, including moving parts, are guaranteed against manufacturers defects for a period of ten years, subject to satisfactory regular maintenance by the customer.
- Valid proof of purchase must be shown to the Company before any request for remedial/repair work will be acknowledged.
- The Company will make its best efforts to effect any remedial/repair work within a reasonable period from which defects in the Goods/Services supplied are notified to the Company and action is agreed subject to availability of replacement goods.
- All conditions contained within this warranty are subject to adequate maintenance of the Goods/Services supplied. The Company will not be held liable for repairs to or replacement of Goods which are damaged due to misuse, negligence, deliberate and/or accidental damage whatsoever the cause, fire, flood or normal wear and tear.
- The Company reserves the right to charge an appropriate fee for any repairs/replacements found to be outwith this warranty, but agrees to inform the Purchaser prior to any work being commenced.
- The construction, validity and performance of this guarantee shall be governed by and be interpreted in accordace with Scottish Law.
This guarantee does NOT cover the following:
- Damage caused by third party fitters / installers etc
- Negligence due to misuse / inadequate maintenance.
Hinge Adjustment Guide.
- Remove cover cap “A” as in diagram.
- Insert allen key provided.
- Turn key clockwise or anti-clockwise to adjust as appropriate.
- Remove allen key and replace cap.